Saba Syed practices in the firm’s Litigation and Appellate section. Saba is a determined and driven attorney who excels in the courtroom and defends courtroom victories on appeal. Saba has represented clients in civil litigation matters across multiple industries, including real estate investment trusts, self-storage retailers, construction suppliers, construction subcontractors, interior construction designers, commercial landlords, and event industry planners.
Saba’s representative matters include:
- Served on federal court jury trial team for a patent infringement lawsuit involving downhole tube separators and helped secure a “no-infringement” verdict in favor of the firm’s client.
- Secured summary judgment on behalf of manufacturer for pre-fabricated construction solutions in age-discrimination lawsuit, which was later affirmed by the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
- Served as lead associate for trial team in obtaining take-nothing defense verdict in a federal jury trial on behalf of international grain exporter on claim of fraudulent inducement. The jury returned the take-nothing defense verdict in less than 10 minutes of deliberation.
- Argued motion to exclude and strike economist expert opinion in federal age discrimination lawsuit, obtaining a ruling to strike almost $1,000,000 in damages from the economist’s opinion.
- Obtained summary judgment in federal court, resulting in full dismissal of age discrimination lawsuit.
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of commercial landlord real estate investment trust in acceleration of lease case, successfully defended summary judgment on appeal.
- Obtained summary judgment at oral argument in favor of national hair restoration company, resulting in complete dismissal of Deceptive Trade Practices Act claims
- Obtained turnover order and defending turnover order at oral argument on appeal
- Successfully represented publicly-traded real estate investment trust in bad faith security deposit retention claim, resulting in full dismissal of lawsuit
- Obtained favorable settlement for vehicle supplier involving Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act, after obtaining several favorable rulings at pre-trial oral argument hearings
- Secured favorable settlement in contentious will contest dispute
- Represented employers in various industries, including interior construction design and commercial retailers, in employment discrimination matters under Title VII and the Texas Commission on Human Rights Act
- Served as lead counsel for dozens of garnishments across Texas, and successfully defended garnishments at oral argument in motions to dissolve writ of garnishment hearings
- J.D., cum laude, Baylor Law School, 2013
- B.A., magna cum laude, University of Texas at Austin, 2009
- State Bar of Texas
- United States District Court for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit